Your home page should motivate visitors to click through to the particular product, service or contact page to they can successfully find the solution to their specific need or problem. Depending on how many categories you have, there may be one overview page or simply links to any category of interest. That Products/Services page needs to contain enough info to drive them to “buy now” or contact you.
Products / Services Overview
Display a brief summary of each product or service line. Then link to the individual item detail pages. This page can help visitors quickly narrow down exactly what they are looking for while motivating them to learn more. Give just enough details to lead prospects to the next step of the sales process.
• Name, photo and brief description of each item.
• Lists of sample uses or top features for each item.
• Links to individual item pages.
Product / Service Details
Each item (or sub-category of items) can have it’s own sales page with photos, descriptions and specifications along with a call to action to purchase now, email for more info or call now! Additional info can be included using links to it so that it’s optional to be bombarded by the specifics.
• Begin each page with a brief summary of the product/service. When people search for information, they want it immediately
• One or more photos or a video demonstration (it’s fine to use You-Tube)
• Description including any available options or choices (colors, sizes, package deals)
• Customer reviews specific to the item.
• List of sample uses, actual customers, features or benefits.
Before / After or Case Histories
Besides a sales page for each product or service, you may want a page of real-world samples of your work for prospects to more easily identify with than generic descriptions and sales copy.
• Before/after photos or slideshow or video of an example project
• Description of the problem, customer requirements, timeline, difficulties overcome, and final solution.
• Names of satisfied customers along with testimonial.
Always use a call to action to prompt visitors to next step of the sales process.
Contact Webmaster Ray for more ideas that relate to your project.