I enjoy building websites for any kind of business, from Contractors to Lawyers and every category in between! Here are some of the websites I’ve created in 2022 for small businesses, non-profit organizations and home-businesses for clients in the Delaware area. Some customers find me online by searching for “web designer in wilmington” and similar Google searches. Others are referrals from my happy clients.
21 Ways Your Website Can Boost Business
Let your website do the selling!
A website is essential to ANY business since it can be referenced in ANY marketing or advertising, thereby greatly leveraging your time and money. Even a brief Facebook Ad or Google PPC Ad can lead to your site for complete details. Customers can share your link with friends to motivate your new prospect to call or email.
Attract interest. Attract business.A website gives you instant credibility Your 24/7 “online brochure” with unlimited text and photos Mobile site is accessible on any device Reach ALL of your potential customers with your message Tell prospects why your are their best choice Online portfolio provides proof of your expertise Offer customer support info to better retain customers Blog or Articles area provides helpful info Include videos to grab attention
CTA, Website Announcements, Google
Watch complete video:
- Website announcements / pop-up windows
- Call To Action (CTA)
- Google My Business website integration, featuring Reviews
- Q & A for website improvements
BONUS: Use your website like a PowerPoint presentation!
— Then email the link!
Website announcements / pop-up windows
Website must always have clear, accurate, up-to-date info, especially in times of crisis or confusion.
Notes, News, Limited Time Offer
As needed to highlight time-sensitive info.
Annoying, but effective! Grab attention.
Call To Action (CTA)
Home Page … Every Page
– Google My Business website integration
First page of Google!!!
21 Top Website Tips for 2021
I think we can all agree that 2021 has got to be a better year than 2020!
Prepare for a great business year by improving your website in order to attract more customers. Here are 21 best website ideas to bring you more traffic and more sales:
- Include location names for the geographic area you serve. They are critical keywords that help you rank higher in local search, and often omitted. Cities, towns, counties, regions.
- Title tag in browser bar is among most important ranking factors. Include the words people type in to find you, up to 57 characters. Business name, primary products & services.
- Keyword(s) in page headline are also critical for SEO. “Welcome to our website” or “Hello!” don’t attract visitors. Use words people search for, like “Wilmington Contractor…”
- YouTube video – create a short 30-60 second marketing video and upload to your [free] youtube account. Then easily embed it in website. Visitors like it. Google likes it.
- News page instead of blog (which needs consistent posting). Use a blog format for ease of use, but post anything from brief comments, tweets and announcements to news articles.
- Accept online payments using PayPal or similar credit card processing to take a deposit to make prospects commit or sell a product before they lose interest.
- Bullet point lists can never be used too much. They employ less words, but the keywords and your key points stand out. Much easier for visitors to scan than long paragraphs of text.
- Lots of sub-headings help people navigate your pages more quickly than reading blocks of content. Plus, you can include keywords in both subheading and the paragraph under it.
- Image Optimization -Photos should be representative of the page text and include search terms in file name, alt text (for vision impaired), title, description and caption.
- Call To Action (CTA) should be incorporated at least once in every single page of website. Call Now, Contact Us (linking to your contact form), Join Our List, Visit Our Store…
- Concise Navigation Menu reduces confusion. With only a few seconds to scan your page, fewer choices are better. And on mobile, we’d rather scroll than click.
- Slideshows quickly show visitors what you offer. Add a title to each slide and link to click to the appropriate page, product or service— where you place your Call To Action.
- Opt-in forms help you gather email addresses to build your list. Offer a “free report”, special discount, monthly newsletter or other bonuses to make it valuable.
- Customer Reviews are a huge selling tool. Testimonials from others are like a personal referral to your business, so include some on your Home page. See my reviews page.
- SSL Certificate is now necessary for every website. It removes the “not secure” in Chrome browser bar and helps rank. Change http to https so your visitors trust you more.
- Mobile-first. Since more than half of your visitors may be viewing on their phone. Place critical content and signature images early on every page. Place details lower.
- Multimedia improves search rank. Images, videos, PDF’s, other media may act as a content quality signal for google and are helpful to humans, besides making pages pretty.
- Internal links from one page to another on your site help visitors jump to what they seek and also help your SEO. So when listing your categories in text, make them links!
- NAP – Name, Address & Phone of business should appear on each page, usually in footer. It should exactly match in each search engine, directory, social media channel.
- Keywords in footer help you sneak in important search terms an extra time, which makes Google happy! Site footer/copyright is on every page in small print, so just add to it.
All of the above are included in websites by Webmaster Ray, at my unbeatable prices.
But wait, there’s more…
- Free one-hour website admin training session (live or via Zoom).
- Get best prices on web hosting / SSL / domain registration, if needed
- I’ll create or improve your Google My Business profile (extremely valuable)
- Submission to Google, Bing, and other online directories.
Contact Webmaster Ray with any questions at all or call me now at 302-633-1482(o). 21 Top Website Tips 2021 (pdf)
More Websites by Webmaster Ray
Here are more examples of websites I’ve created in 2020 for small businesses, non-profit organizations and side-businesses for clients in the Delaware area. Some were referrals from my other customers and others found me online by searching for “web designer in wilmington” and similar Google searches. Refer me to friends or associates starting a business or who is in need of better results from their marketing efforts!
- Next Page »