Submit your business to local directories to get more website visitors, but also to improve your website rank in google, bing and yahoo. You can add your company profile to important online directories including Google+, Yahoo Local, Bing Local, Manta, Superpages, and many more. You may also find a directory for your own city, or town that can give valuable exposure. For example, in New Castle County, DE, submit to my upgraded Wilmington Delaware Directory for free!
Basic Website Tips
What Makes a Great Website?
If you’re building your own site to save money, either with web-publishing software or with an online site builder, make it attractive. But don’t forget critical elements (often invisible) that are necessary to bring in traffic. Finally, what you have must be functional to make it easy for visitors so they don’t leave without reading what you had to offer!
10 Steps Toward a Successful Website
- Establish a concise list of objectives. What is your main goal?
- Understand the target audience.
What information do they need, and how fast? Will graphics or video help?
- Provide quality content and keep it concise.
It must immediately convey it’s purpose, or visitors will leave.
- Develop a site map based on a logical sequence to display information.
- Keep the visitor in mind when developing a navigation scheme.
The flow from page to page should be logical and consistent.
- Utilize multimedia features if they aid communication.
Mouse rollovers, animated images, sound, etc. can reinforce the text.
- Make it Search Engine friendly (Google friendly!). Appropriate title, SEO keywords and META tags are essential to generating traffic.
- Maintain the site on a regular basis to keep it fresh and give visitors a reason to return.
- Integrate the site with other components of your marketing plan.
- Work with a professional developer who has an understanding of both technological and marketing aspects. More Web Design and SEO tips!
Keep Your Site Working Hard
Your business has a website because it’s a cost-effective way to supplement advertising to prospects and to maintain contact with customers. Include the web address in all marketing material, correspondence, signage, and phone directory ads. You want your site to be more attractive and more user-friendly than the websites of your competition. You’re happy with the design, structure and your marketing video. But once the site is online, it can be all too easy to neglect a key ingredient—your content!
Why have a Delaware website?
Stand apart from the crowd in Wilmington, DE!
A website can be one of the least expensive, most effective, and most in-depth means of advertising.
Add the web to your marketing strategy. Motivate local Delaware visitors to see why they should place their confidence in you. Drive Wilmington, Newark & New Castle traffic to your business.
A website is useful to a:
- Retail business – add a Shopping Cart and increase your customer base from local to regional (Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania) or nationwide
- Service business   – attract new customers, provide information to reduce time-consuming administrative phone calls and keep customers informed of news and announcements
- Home business – play with the big boys, but provide superior service go grow a customer base – accept credit cards with a free PayPal account
- Non-profit organization – provide detailed descriptions and display photos of what you do and even take online donations
- Professional service – update pages anytime with helpful information and provide links to related Delmarva resources to show that you care about your clients
- Club or Association – promote yourself to prospective members, advertisers or sponsors and add a members only area with easy access
- Hobbyist – share your interests with others and even make money with Google AdSense or affiliate advertising
- – – – or any individual or group who is trying to reach a larger Delaware Valley audience with products or ideas.
Make people aware of what you do!
- GENERATE CURIOSITY – list interesting facts
- CREATE INTEREST – show examples of your work
- EDUCATE TARGET AUDIENCE – provide free information
- PROJECT PROFESSIONALISM – show that you’re serious
- KEEP CUSTOMERS INFORMED – include news, specials, announcements
- EXHIBIT LEGITIMACY – demonstrate your expertise
Please fill out our information form and we’ll let you know how we can help you!