Establish a concise list of objectives.
What do we want to accomplish?
- Understand the target audience.
What information do they need, and how fast? Will graphics help?
- Provide quality content and keep it concise.
It must immediately convey it’s purpose, or visitors will leave.
- Develop a site map based on a logical sequence to display information.
- The navigation flow from page to page should be logical and consistent.
- Utilize multimedia features if they aid communication.
Mouse rollovers, animated images, sound, etc. can reinforce the text.
- Make it Search Engine friendly. Appropriate title, SEO keywords and META tags are essential to generating traffic.
- Maintain the site on a regular basis to keep it fresh and give visitors a reason to return.
- Integrate the site with other components of your marketing plan.
- Work with a professional developer who has an understanding of both technological and marketing aspects.